Better Ageing Fitness Development Subsidy Program
Receive funding towards your professional development in the area of fitness for seniors.
Accepting applications now with the following closing dates:
- 4pm on 31 January 2020
- 4pm on 17 April 2020
- 4pm on 31 July 2020
The Better Ageing Fitness Development Subsidy Program aims to upskill Sport, Fitness and Exercise professionals working in the Parramatta LGA to be able to engage or improve the programs they offer to older adults. Funded by Sport Australia’s Move It AUS Better Ageing Grant the Subsidy Program’s objectives are to:
- Increase the number of people who are qualified to deliver health and fitness classes to older adults.
- Increase the number of fitness providers who are bilingual or multilingual and their capacity to work with older adults.
- Offer a wider range of fitness and wellbeing activities for older adults in their communities.
The Subsidy Program will cover either 50% or 100% of the cost of a professional development course, up to $800, nominated by the applicant.
- 50% Track: under this track, 50% of the professional development course will be covered.
- 100% Track: under this track, 100% of the professional development course will be covered and the applicant will be required to facilitate at least one free activity session, applying the newly acquired knowledge, under the Active Parramatta Fitness Program.
To be eligible for the Subsidy Program the following conditions must be met:
- The applicant must be a qualified Sport, Fitness or Exercise Professional who works or has plans to work, in the Parramatta LGA.
- The nominated professional development course must be recognised by Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA), Physical Activity Australia (PAA), Fitness Australia or Australia Community Workers Association (ACWA).
- The nominated course must be taken after the application submission date. Courses already taken or certifications already granted are not eligible.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Applicants only receive one subsidy.
|Do they live in the Parramatta LGA?|
|Do they work in the Parramatta LGA?|
|50% Track||Percentage of work based in the LGA is less than 25%|
|Percentage of work based in the LGA is between 26 - 50%|
|Is the identified course clearly targeting the health and wellbeing of older adults?|
|Will this course be beneficial to the applicant and the communities they work with?|
|Are they able to independently run/facilitate group fitness classes?|
|Are they able to facilitate classes in a language other than English?|
|Is the activity they want to provide unique?|
|100% Track||Are they able to provide more than 1 free activity?|
|Facilitate 2 sessions|
|Facilitate 3 sessions|
|How many participants are they able to accept?|
|Less than 10 participants|
|10 or more participants|
The full application process is now available.
All activities for both Tracks must be completed by 30 September 2020.
- 50% Track - If proof of course payment and completion is not provided by 30 September the payment will not be made.
- 100% Track – If the free activity is not completed by 30 September 2020 the remaining 50% payment will not be made.
Please call Nicholas Korelin on (02) 9806 5269 or email email@example.com, if you have any questions or require further information.