Tree Planting Information
The trees that have been selected in this first planting phase will help provide shade and cool the street on hot summer days, as well as create more attractive neighbourhoods.
How are tree planting locations determined?
City of Parramatta considers its urban heat mapping data to prioritise where trees should be planted and also reviews conditions to assess the most appropriate tree types for each location. Constraints such as power lines, driveway locations, nature strip widths and sightlines are assessed to make sure locations are suitable.
What types of trees have been planted?
Tree species were selected by an arborist with consideration given to various conditions in each street to ensure the most suitable trees are planted.
- Barney Street – 32 x Crepe Myrtle
- By Street – 10 x Crepe Myrtle and Spotted Gum
- Dunlop Street – 10 x Brush Box, Magnolia ‘Little Gem’ and the Pink/Red flowering Yellow Gum
- Harold Street – 14 x Brush Box and Crepe Myrtle
- Maria Lock Park - 6 x Brush Box, Crepe Myrtle and Spotted Gum
- Iron Street Shops Reserve - 5 x Magnolia ‘Little Gem’ and Crepe Myrtle