Council's Place Services team takes a people-centered approach to the planning, design and management of public spaces. We work closely with communities and businesses to champion their voice for creating vibrant public spaces that promote health, happiness, and wellbeing, supporting our community to live well and succeed. We do this through:
- Creating CBD and neighbourhood spaces that are well-designed, attractive, distinctive, welcoming, safe, accessible and viable.
- Targeted strategic interventions and activations to preserve identity and vibrancy, particularly during rapid change.
- Improving the vibrancy and liveability of the CBD and neighbourhood centres by working with State government and other organisations.
- Developing and managing capital programs to improve the public realm and infrastructure in the CBD and Harris Park via Special Rate Programs.
- Develop and manage the Better Neighbourhood Program to enhance neighbourhood centres as high quality, attractive, distinctive and viable places.
- Manage the delivery of the Stronger Communities Fund - Major Projects, which are larger scale infrastructure and service projects to be delivered across the LGA.
- Genuine community and stakeholder engagement to enable data-driven and/or evidence-based decision making.
- Reactive and proactive inspection and monitoring of the public domain.
- Investigating, reporting and referring multi-faceted issues for resolution.
- Proactive relationship management with businesses and other stakeholders to enable a coordinated approach to precinct management.
- Coordinating cross-functional Council resources and programs to proactively manage cumulative impacts in the CBD, such as those from concurrent developments.
- Strategic neighbourhood and precinct planning.
- Manage multi-faceted, politically sensitive projects with varying interests, such as masterplans, grants, programs, etc.