We have to be mindful of where we place buildings and how they interface with our bushland, biodiversity and waterways.
Our built environment is the foundation on which we can seek to make our lives more efficient, connected, affordable and comfortable.
Sustainable design is about:
- Using less – water, energy, materials – to do more
- Using technologies to make new and existing buildings more efficient
- Diversifying, using alternative energy sources, including renewables and battery storage
- Making use of all water sources
- Considering waste as a resource
- Adapting to the impacts of climate
The 3 key priorities for the Built for the Future theme are:
Click on each key priority to learn about the goal for the future, why it is important, what Council is currently doing and what the future actions are.
For more information
Contact the Environmental Outcomes Team on:
Phone: (02) 9806 5620