You are eligible to register on the Childcare waiting list if you meet the Commonwealth Priority of Access Guidelines. Prioritisation is managed in strict compliance with the following guidelines:
- 1st priority: a child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
- 2nd priority: a child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under section 14 of 'A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999'.
- 3rd priority: any other child.
Within each category of priority, the following children are given priority:
- children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- children in families which include a disabled person
- children in families which include an individual whose taxable income % under clause 7 of Schedule 2 to the Family Assistance Act is 100%
- children in families with a non-English speaking background
- children in socially isolated families
- children of single parents.
Expectant parents can place the child's name on the waiting list indicating the expected delivery date. Births must be confirmed by the parents. Anticipated pregnancies cannot be listed.