City of Parramatta provides residents with a weekly garbage service and an alternating, fortnightly recycling and garden waste service.
|Garbage Bin||140L / 70kg||Red or Green||Weekly||
Single Unit Dwellings (SUDs) have the option to up-size their garbage bins from 140L to 240L for an additional cost. For annual domestic waste charges please see page 15 of Schedule of Fees and Charges 2020-2021*.
*2020-2021 fees - subject to change
|Recycling Bin||240L / 70kg||Yellow||Fortnightly||No
Multi Unit Dwellings (MUDs) share 1 between 2 households
|Garden Bin||240L / 70kg||Lime or Dark Green||Fortnightly||
MUDs do not normally have these
Make sure your bins are:
- placed out the evening prior to collection
- placed correctly on the kerb with the lids closed
- not too heavy (bins may not be collected if they weigh more than 70kgs)
Council works closely with our waste and recycling contractor Suez to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
What is the Domestic Waste Charge?
All City of Parramatta ratepayers incur an annual Domestic Waste Charge. The charge entitles each household to:
- weekly domestic garbage bin collection and fortnightly garden organics and recycling bin collections
- four kerbside clean-ups a year
- supply and replacement of household bins
- educational materials upon request
How is the Domestic Waste Charge calculated?
Your domestic waste charge is based on:
- size of the garbage bin you are currently using
- the amount the City of Parramatta is charged to process and dispose of domestic waste