Latest news – December 2020(Back to top)
The Sydney Central City Planning Panel has approved Council’s development application for the Parramatta aquatic and leisure centre.
The $77 million project, located at Mays Hill, is being co-funded by the State Government.
The state-of-the-art facility will feature:
- 10-lane outdoor heated pool with seating
- 25-metre, indoor recreational pool
- indoor Learn to Swim pool
- indoor splash play area
- multipurpose community rooms
- spa and sauna facilities
- a fitness centre, including a modern gym and program rooms
- 197 parking spaces
Next year, subject to relevant approvals, the project will move into an exciting phase.
Council proposes to appoint the lead contractor in the first quarter of 2021 with site preparation and construction to commence shortly after.
We look forward to welcoming the community at its new centre by mid 2023.